(Description from GCAC website)
Greenville County Animal Care is dedicated to promoting the compassionate treatment of animals in our community through adoption, education, and affordable spay/neuter and veterinary care. We have the largest, most diverse selection of adoptable pets in the Upstate, and our innovative programs and partnerships are steadily moving Greenville County toward becoming a no-kill community.
5 Quick Facts About Animal Care
- We are the largest open admission animal facility in South Carolina. We take in more than 17,000 animals each year, serving the pets of Greenville and Spartanburg counties.
- ALL dogs, cats, puppies and kittens are only $35 to adopt (this includes vaccines, testing, spay/neuter, microchip and more) making Animal Care the most affordable place to find your next best friend.
- We operate Greenville County’s largest state-of-the-art spay-neuter facility, performing more than 10,000 surgeries per year and dramatically reducing pet overpopulation in our community.
- Greenville County Animal Care is the FIRST place to go when your pet goes missing! We accept strays from both Greenville and Spartanburg counties.
- Did you know you can donate? Greenville County Animal Care, while partially funded by the government, also relies on its community to help fund impactful initiatives and programs, such as spay/neuter services for low-income families, and special medical treatment for sick and injured animals. You can contribute by donating to the Second Chance Fund.
Greenville County Animal Care reports our statistics on our website because we feel that transparency is an important part of being a public agency. If you have more questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.